We've just had three medium sized ones. But the sign's up on the wall for a real quake over the weekend. …
Looking at the Canadian EFS for Friday the 6th and 7th June 2013, I noticed 3 Lows in a line across the continent:
It's there for 2 days running so it will be a big one. A Magnitude 8 I think if not larger.
You have to click on "Pressure at Sea Level" on the "Chart Type" tab. And then move the date to get the slug to shift into gear. (Something wrong with their server on that I believe.)
OK. You can come out when that one arrives. But the problem is that there is a delay in the system. Not to worry, there are also more safeguards for the wary:
1. Errors in the accepted face of the Weather fraternity.
2. Problems with electronics.
3. People making silly mistakes.
4. Aircraft falling on your head. (Ships getting lost or overturning etc. The usual things.)
5. Ummm. Other stuff I forgot to mention. Like the absence of medium and larger quakes.
6. Etcetera etcetera….